What Information Do We Collect?
Collection and Use of Personal Information:
You may be asked to provide your Personal Information when you use the Site or Services. We may combine it with other information to provide and improve our Services. You are not required to provide the Personal Information that we have requested, but, if you chose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our Services or respond to any queries you may have.
Some examples of the types of Personal Information Ray may collect and how we may use it include, but are not limited to:
· When you create an Account, purchase a Ray product, download a software update, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, age, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, credit card information, username and password. You acknowledge that this information may be personal to you, and by creating an Account on the Services and providing Personal Information to us, you allow others, including us, to identify you and therefore may not be anonymous.
· When you set up a Ray camera, you’ll be asked several questions including camera name, child’s name, child’s date of birth, week of delivery and gender. This information is used to collect, measure and process sleep analytics. It is also used to personalize your experience including triggers and notifications -- for example, to tell you your child is awake.
· When you enable the recording or streaming features of the Services, we may record and process video and/or audio recordings from the device, subject to your configuration and settings. This may include capturing and emailing to you portions of this data as part of a notification or analyzing the data to provide sleep analytics. We may process information from the Services so that we can send you alerts when something happens. In addition, if you have the recording features enabled, we will capture, process and retain video and audio data recordings from your device for the duration of your recording subscription period (for example, 30 days) and you will be able to access those recordings using the Services during that time.
· When you share your content with family and friends using the Services, send gift certificates and products, or invite others to participate in the Services, we may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. Ray will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant Services, or for anti-fraud purposes.
How We Use Your Personal Information:
· The Personal Information we collect allows us to keep you posted on our latest Services, product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. We also use Personal Information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, Services, content, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
· We may use your contact information to send you information about our Services, but only rarely when we feel such information is important. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by unsubscribing from these messages through your Account settings, although we, regardless, reserve the right to contact you when we believe it is necessary, such as the important notices described below.
· From time to time, we may use your Personal Information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Ray, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
· We may also use Personal Information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, Services, and customer communications.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information:
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. Some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it include, but are not limited to:
· We may collect information such as language, zip code, area code, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where the Services are used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our Services.
· We may collect sleep analytics and actigraphy and development measures including: bedtime, sleep onset latency, frequency and duration of nighttime wakings, frequency of movements during sleep, frequency and duration of caregiver visits, total time in bed, total sleep duration, frequency, time and duration of daytime naps.
· We collect data from sensors built into the Services such as current temperature, room humidity, and ambient light in the room. This helps the Services know when to switch from day to night vision so that we can process sleep analytics. It also helps the Services to detect changes in environment that may affect sleep.
Collection and Use of Other Information:
IP Address Information and Other Information Collected Automatically:
We automatically receive and record information from your web browser when you interact with the Services, including your IP address and cookie information. This information is used for fighting spam/malware and also to facilitate collection of data concerning your interaction with the Services (e.g., what links you have clicked on).
Generally, the Services automatically collect usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to the Site. We also collect statistical information about how both unregistered and registered users, collectively, use the Services (“Aggregate Information”). Some of this information is derived from Personal Information. This statistical information and Aggregate Information is not Personal Information and cannot be tied back to you, your Account or your web browser. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our Services and enables us and third parties authorized by us to figure out how often individuals use parts of the Services so that we can analyze and improve them.
We may collect some device-specific information if you access the Services using a mobile device. Device information may include but is not limited to unique device identifiers, network information, and hardware model, as well as information about how the device interacts with our Services.
Information Collected Using Cookies:
Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allowing you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways. We strongly recommend that you leave cookies active, because they enable you to take advantage the most attractive features of the Services.
Information Related to Advertising and the Use of Web Beacons:
To support and enhance the Services, we may serve advertisements, and also allow third parties’ advertisements, through the Services. These advertisements are sometimes targeted and served to particular users and may come from third party companies called “ad networks.” Ad networks include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms.
Advertisements served through the Services may be targeted to users who fit a certain general profile category and may be based on anonymized information inferred from information provided to us by a user, including Personal Information (e.g., gender or age), may be based on the Services usage patterns of particular users, or may be based on your activity on Third Party Services. We do not provide Personal Information to any ad networks for use outside of the Services.
To increase the effectiveness of ad delivery, we may deliver a file (known as a “web beacon”) from an ad network to you through the Services. Web beacons allow ad networks to provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for us and for advertisers. Web beacons also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites. Because your web browser must request these advertisements and web beacons from the ad network’s servers, these companies can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
Information Regarding Your Social Networks:
Occasionally, you can use your Account on our Services to interact with your accounts on other services, such as Facebook or Twitter. In addition to using your third party account credentials to sign in to the Services, you can access posting and sharing tools on the Services, including a “share” button that allows you to post information to your social networks outside of the Services (“Share”). For example, after making a reservation on the Services, you can Share information about that reservation with your Facebook friends or Twitter followers. Please note that these tools may be operated by Third Party Services.
How, and With Whom, Is My Information Shared?
The Services are designed to help you share information with others. As a result, some of the information generated through the Services is shared publicly or with third parties.
Public Information About Your Activity on the Services:
Some of your activity on and through the Services is public by default. This may include, but is not limited to, content you have posted publicly on the Site or otherwise through the Services.
Please also remember that if you choose to provide Personal Information using certain public features of the Services, then that information is governed by the privacy settings of those particular features and may be publicly available. Individuals reading such information may use or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge, and search engines may index that information. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in content that you create or information that you submit through the Services.
IP Address Information:
Information You Elect to Share:
We share Aggregate Information with our partners, service providers and other persons with whom we conduct business. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners can understand how and how often people use our Services and their services or websites, which facilitates improving both their services and how our Services interface with them. In addition, these third parties may share with us non-private, aggregated or otherwise non Personal Information about you that they have independently developed or acquired.
Email Communications with Us:
As part of the Services, you may occasionally receive email and other communications from us, such as communications relating to your Account. Communications relating to your Account will only be sent for purposes important to the Services, such as password recovery.
User Profile Information:
User profile information including your username and other information you enter may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Services. We will not directly reveal user email addresses to other users.
Shipping and Billing Information:
Only those employees and Third Party Services who need access to your billing and shipping information in order to perform their duties are allowed such access and, as stated above, all of your credit card information is collected and stored by our Payment Processor. We may from time to time request and receive some of your financial information from our Payment Processor for the purposes of completing transactions you have initiated through the Services, enrolling you in discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, protecting against or identifying possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
Information Shared with Our Agents:
We employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control (our “Agents”). We may need to share Personal Information with our Agents in order to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our Agents do not have any right to use Personal Information or other information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information with our Agents.
Information Disclosed Pursuant to Business Transfers:
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others:
Information We Share With Your Consent:
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Is Information About Me Secure?
Your Account information will be protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your Account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your Account.
We seek to protect Account information to ensure that it is kept private; however, we cannot guarantee the security of any Account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
We otherwise store all of our information, including your IP address information, using industry-standard techniques. We do not guarantee or warrant that such techniques will prevent unauthorized access to information about you that we store, Personal Information or otherwise.
What Information of Mine Can I Access?
If you are a registered user, you can access information associated with your Account by logging into the Services. Registered and unregistered users can access and delete cookies through their web browser settings.
California Privacy Rights: Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you would like more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How Can I Delete My Account?
Should you ever decide to delete your Account, you may do so by emailing email@example.com. If you terminate your Account, any association between your Account and information we store will no longer be accessible through your Account. However, given the nature of sharing on the Services, any public activity on your Account prior to deletion will remain stored on our servers and will remain accessible to the public.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding My Information?
· You can use many of the features of the Services without registering, thereby limiting the type of information that we collect.
· You can always opt not to disclose certain information to us, even though it may be needed to take advantage of some of our features.
· You can delete your Account. Please note that we will need to verify that you have the authority to delete the Account, and activity generated prior to deletion will remain stored by us and may be publicly accessible.
What If I Have Questions or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Services, please send us a detailed message to info@Rayiot.org. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective Date: November 2, 2016